Job Opportunity: Lead Toddler Guide
Location: Wake Forest, NC
About Wake Forest Montessori
Now in its tenth year, WFM is a Montessori school serving children and families in the Town of Wake Forest, NC. Our mission is to enable the children to develop their individual gifts within a respectful, loving and supportive community.s to enable the children to develop their individual gifts within a respectful, loving and supportive community.
We are seeking a Toddler (ages 18mo – 3) level certified and experienced Lead Guide to join our dynamic and expanding staff. The Lead Guide must hold a Bachelor’s degree in addition to being eligible to teach in the United States. Salary is commensurate with experience and credentials, and is competitive with schools in the area.
If you possess a sincere commitment to building and directing a quality Montessori environment, offering support and guidance to parents, and collaborating with experienced colleagues, please consider joining the Wake Forest Montessori community. The right candidate should possess maturity, dedication, high integrity, good judgment, ability to self-reflect as a member of the teaching staff, and the courage to grow as an educational leader. We seek individuals with a clear understanding of Montessori ideals, deep knowledge of the development of children, and the classroom management and communication skills that nurture self-discipline, order, and confidence in young students. We can offer you a rewarding experience in a growing and diverse Montessori school.
The Lead Guide major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Establish the extended morning work period and give lessons as needed.
- Establish and maintain a classroom true to the Montessori philosophy, paying particular attention to the needs of the students.
- Implement and update curriculum as student needs dictate.
- Plan, prepare, and maintain all units of study, including Montessori materials, thematic units, library books, etc.
- Collaborate with other Lead Guides to provide consistency of education within corresponding classrooms.
- Lead parent-teacher conferences to provide parents with a concise yet thorough understanding of each child’s progress.
- Maintain periodic informal communication regarding students’ progress and maintain an open and honest dialogue so that parents feel comfortable with the daily workings of the classroom.
- Carefully observe and keep daily records on each student’s individual progression through the classroom, always being available to offer gentle guidance.
- Complete evaluation and record forms during the school year for conferences and the child’s permanent record.
- Establish a harmonious relationship with other Lead Guides to foster collaboration and consistency across classrooms.
- Establish a harmonious relationship with classroom associates to foster a productive classroom environment
- Partner with other staff members on joint programs, Parent Nights, performances, and other events as assigned by the administration
- Participate in all school events that are relevant to the Lead Guide’s specific program and the entire school
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings
Please note that this position is not restricted to the responsibilities above, and the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
To perform the position successfully, the Lead Teacher should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Commitment: Displays passionate commitment to an authentic Montessori education, a deep understanding of its tenets, and an ability to advocate its benefits both internally and externally. Possesses a genuine interest in children and their intellectual and social development.
- Leadership: Exhibits an exceptional balance of confidence and competence necessary to lead and motivate. Energetically inspires continuous improvement and/or change. Believes in, supports, and lives the WFM mission and core values.
- Interpersonal Skills: Engaging, approachable, self-assured. Treats others with respect. Proactively builds and maintains positive relationships with peers, parents, and students. Displays a high level of professionalism. Responds calmly to stressful situations.
- Communication: Creates and promotes an environment of open and honest communication. Displays excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Results Orientation: Maintains high standards for personal performance. Seeks and acts on feedback for self-development. Takes accountability for mistakes. Follows through on promised commitments in a timely manner. Resourceful and enthusiastic when approaching problems.
- Planning and Organization: Maintains strong operational processes to keep the classroom running smoothly. Adapts lesson plans and environment to meet the needs of the students in the classroom
- The physical capacity to work with young children, including but not limited to bending, minor lifting, and working on the floor.
- An associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent, and Montessori Certification
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass medical exam for working with children
- A satisfactory NCDHHS background check
- Experience working with children of this age range.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the classroom is desired but not necessary for employment consideration
Interested candidates may email a cover letter and resume to:
Julia Thompson, Director
Phone: (919) 827-1148
Pinewoods Montessori School in Hillsborough, North Carolina is seeking a motivated leader to fill the position of Head of School.
Background: Pinewoods Montessori School in Hillsborough, NC provides an authentic Montessori education in which children develop a love of learning within a safe, peaceful setting. Pinewoods has been in Hillsborough for over 20 years and is a non-profit organization with an active, parent-run Board of Directors. We offer programs for children ages 18 months to 12 years old. In addition to our toddler, preschool and elementary classes, we offer an after school program, summer camps and a rich curriculum including Spanish lessons, physical education, art, and music. Our dedicated faculty currently guides approximately 100 children in our peaceful learning environment, and we are looking to grow. We are in the early stages of a plan dubbed “Pinewoods 2020” which will allow the expansion of our current programs to include full-day, additional toddler and/or primary, and the possible addition of an adolescent program.
Position: The ideal Head of School candidate will be a Montessori-trained (AMS or MACTE credential) educational and administrative leader or a candidate with a passion and knowledge for a Montessori education, dedicated to fostering a positive and collaborative school community with a passionate commitment to the authentic Montessori philosophy and methods. This leader will be an excellent communicator and a skilled decision-maker, possess strong business acumen, and will partner with the Board of Directors to create and implement a strategic plan and long-term vision for the school.
Suggested Start Date: Summer 2017
SUMMARY of Responsibilities:
Promote and embody the Pinewoods Montessori School’s Mission.
Oversee all elements of the Montessori curriculum and classroom instruction.
Lead the school both internally and externally.
Oversee the operations of the school, including management of staff.
Responsible for the administrative success of all school programs.
Ensure that the school meets all regulatory requirements and pursues the highest level of quality Montessori educational standards.
Effectively manage the financial and operational interests of the school, in keeping with the budgetary and strategic goals of the Board.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of and commitment to the Montessori philosophy
Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field
Five years of teaching experience as a Head Teacher, School Administrator or director-level experience
Direct supervision of faculty/staff
Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Master’s degree in Education or related field
Previous administrative experience at the elementary or middle school level is desired
Experience in both the primary and elementary or middle school level is preferred
Experience in developing marketing plans and recruiting new students
Strong knowledge of private/independent schools and related laws
Candidates must be authorized to legally work in the US without sponsorship.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes, cover letter and a Statement of Educational Philosophy to email@example.com or to:
HOS Search Committee
109 Millstone Drive
Hillsborough, NC 27278
Pinewoods Montessori School is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
By Keith Whitescarver, Spring 2017: Montessori Public
Participate in the first TMSA Mentorship season. This is open to teachers and administrators interested in pairing up with another in a confidential partnership to help you reach your goals. Mentor pairs are selected based on mentors’ areas of expertise and mentees’ specific desires for growth. Pairs meet on their own once per month for six months. Topics to discuss include, but are not limited to, starting a school, working with parents, fundraising, working with staff and much more.
Yadkin Path Montessori in Salisbury, located on a nine-acre campus with a pond, woods, and fields, is a perfect setting for young children to blossom and teachers to work.
We seek a full-time teacher for our Primary classroom to join our team of teachers immediately, as well as for next school year. If you are someone with a pioneering spirit, strong communication skills, and a desire to be part of a growing school community, we may be just what you’re looking for. Knowledge of and experience with the Montessori model in a Primary setting is preferred but not required. We are seeking candidates who are comfortable with technology and editing skills. A willingness to consider training to become a certified Montessori teacher would be looked upon favorably in our candidate selection process.
Criminal records check, letter of validation, and negative TB test is required for employment.
Interested candidates, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about us on facebook. Equal opportunity employer.
Teacher Assistant, Primary Yadkin Path, a private school in Salisbury, is seeking a Primary Assistant Teacher to join our talented staff. We are located on a beautiful nine-acre campus with a pond, woods, and fields.
If you have experience working with children between the ages of three and six, we would like to hear from you. We are looking for a teacher assistant with solid classroom management skills to join our team of talented teachers immediately, as well as for next school year. If you have a pioneering spirit, strong communication skills, and a desire to be part of a growing school community, we may be just what you’re looking for. Candidates must be comfortable with technology, including ability or willingness to learn conferencing, live streaming, office management suites, movie and newsletter editing. Knowledge of and experience with the Montessori model of learning is preferred but not required.
Criminal records check, letter of validation, and negative TB test is required for employment.
Submit your resume to email@example.com. Learn more about us on facebook.