A special presentation facilitated by Dr. Patricia Leigh of Leigh Brain and Spine
Join Pinewoods Montessori and Dr. Leigh to learn about different types of learners and how each type’s brain is functioning including: ADHD, gifted learners, children with learning challenges, and those with anxiety and anxiousness behaviors.
November 17, 2015
6:30 – 7:30pm
Pinewoods Montessori School
109 Millstone Dr.
Hillsborough, NC 27278
Montessori learning principles will be highlighted and shown how each helps children’s brains develop ideally, including: classroom approach and design, learning materials, teacher guidance, multi-age groupings, and more.
Dr. Leigh will share brain-based techniques and strategies for immediate implementation in your current practices to help students reach their fullest potential
Attendees will be entered into a raffle for a free brain scan for a child from Dr. leigh and her staff.
* Registration is free but required
MONTESSORI ASSOCIATION OF NC MEETUP
SAVE THE DATE
Network with fellow Montessorians
Meet the Montessori Association of North Carolina
Learn how MANC is supporting Montessori in NC
Join us for a fun evening
O C T 2 9 | 5 : 3 0 P M
FULLSTEAM BREWERY | DURHAM, NC
The Montessori School of Raleigh plans to expand its program offering through twelfth grade with the addition of an upper school. MSR’s future Upper School will be located on the Brier Creek campus, nestled on 40 acres of forest, streams and wildlife in southern Durham County, which currently houses the Middle School. This campus will provide students the care, support, and freedom to be themselves. It means more space, more masterful teachers, more experiential learning, and more opportunities to collaborate across grade levels.
MSR will offer green learning “collaboratories” and environmentally unobtrusive learning stations throughout the 40 acre campus to allow students to benefit from both indoor classroom and outdoor learning opportunities through environmental awareness, scientific field studies, community service, and other forms of outdoor education.
The Upper School will emphasize the deep integration of academic subject matter, student-directed and student-paced learning, practical life skills, social and emotional intelligence, and other real-life learning by providing:
- A highly regarded two-year IB Diploma Programme as an option for grades 11 and 12 that will highlight critical thinking, rigorous research and exams, thesis writing, a “Theory of Knowledge” course, and other advanced college preparation.
- A college counseling program that intentionally prepares students for application and admission to a range of best-fit colleges and universities.
- Extraordinary opportunities for collaborations and real-world internships.
- Hands-on experience and exposure to a diverse range of art and music forms and materials.
- A robust, competitive athletics program, with plans to add new teams to our lineup, including boys’ and girls’ lacrosse and tennis and girls’ field hockey.
To learn more about the new Upper School, visit msr.org or schedule a visit today!
Tour and Information Sessions for grades 7–9
October 13, 2015
November 10, 2015
December 8, 2015
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: 408 Andrews Chapel Road, Durham NC 27703