Wake Forest Montessori is seeking a Primary (ages 3-6) level AMS, AMI or MACTE certified and experienced Lead Guide to join our dynamic and expanding staff. The Lead Guide must hold an Associates or Bachelor’s degree. Salary is commensurate with experience and credentials, and is competitive with schools in the area.
If you possess a sincere commitment to building and directing a quality Montessori environment, offering support and guidance to parents, and collaborating with experienced colleagues, please consider joining our community. The right candidate should possess maturity, dedication, high integrity, good judgment, ability to self-reflect as a member of the teaching staff, and the courage to grow as an educational leader. We seek individuals with a clear understanding of Montessori ideals, deep knowledge of the development of children, and the classroom management and communication skills that nurture self-discipline, order, and confidence in young students. We can offer you a rewarding experience in a growing and diverse Montessori school.
• The physical capacity to work with young children, including but not limited to bending, minor lifting, and working on the floor.
• An associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent, AND
• Montessori Certification required – applicants without certification will not be considered
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
• Must be able to pass medical exam for working with children
• A satisfactory NCDHHS background check
• Experience working with children between the ages of 3 – 6 years.
-At least 3 years’ experience in the classroom is desired but not necessary for employment consideration
Interested candidates may reply to julia (at) wakeforestmonessori.com with a cover letter and resume.
Month: July 2016
Montessori Farm School in Durham is growing! We are seeking a new member of our dedicated team to be an assistant teacher. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves and respects children, and wants to learn more about Montessori or continue their Montessori journey.
This is a support position in a classroom with an existing lead and senior assistant teacher. There are 23 students ranging in age from 2.56 years. It is a parttime, hourly position beginning in August. Hours for this position are 8:30am1:00pm, Monday-Friday.
● Experience working with young children; previous experience with Montessori education preferred
● Positive working relationship a must
● Previous experience with Montessori education preferred
● First Aid and CPR current
● The physical strength and stamina to work with young children, including but not limited to bending, minor lifting, and working on the floor.
● Legal authorization to work in the United States
● A satisfactory background check Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience. Interns welcome to apply.
To be considered for this opportunity please email your current resume to Virginia Lozuke at:
- virginia (at) montessorifarmschool.com.
OPEN POSITION: Upper Elementary Montessori Teacher
Full-time lead teacher position in a mixed-grade classroom of grades 5 – 6.
Candidates must hold Upper Elementary Montessori certification.
Applicants who holds Teacher License in Elementary Education K-6 will be given preference.
OPEN POSITION: Paraprofessional Montessori
Full-time Paraprofessional position in a mixed-grade classroom of grades K – 1.
Applicants who holds Montessori certification will be given preference.
Interested individual please contact: