TMSA founding member and consummate Montessorian Betsy Lovejoy was honored on April 27th, 2016 at Goji’s Bistro in Cary during her final TMSA dinner as acting head of TMSA. Betsy will remain active in the Montessori community, but in the short term will enjoy travel and time with her beautiful grandchildren. MSR HOS, Nancy Errichetti, presented Betsy a beautiful gift on behalf of the TMSA organization. On Betsy’s last official day as head, her request was for all Montessori schools in the Triangle to join international peace efforts to create a global movement for peace. More on Peace opportunities.
Renaissance Montessori, a bilingual preschool located in Cary, North Carolina, is looking for a primary level teacher. This english speaking teacher would serve as the lead of one of our 3-6 year old classrooms, and would work with a spanish-speaking aide. Eligible candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree and a primary teacher certificate from an AMI, AMS, IMC or MACTE accredited teacher training program. Interested candidates should email their resumes and salary requirements to mseldin(at)renaissancescholars.com.
2016 TMSA Winter Symposium
|WHAT||2016 TMSA WINTER SYMPOSIUM|
|WHEN|| Saturday, February 20, 2016
AM Session: 8:00 – 12:00
Kingswood School Tour: 12:00 – 12:30
Jason’s Deli Box Lunch – 12:30 – 12:50
PM Session: 1:00 – 3:00
|WHERE|| Kingswood Montessori STEM Magnet School
200 E Johnson Street, Cary, NC 27513
(Due to limited parking, Car pooling is recommended!)
|SPEAKER||Jonathan Wolff, Renowned Montessori Speaker; www.jonathanwolff.org. Montessori Educational Consultant, Trainer, Speaker, Author, Educator, Administrator.|
|COST|| Register for each session and the box lunch separately. Registration obligates your payment.
AM Session: $25.00 / Faculty & Administrators
Box Lunch: $8.00
PM Session: $10.00 / Administrators & Faculty
Register for each segment.
Be certain to submit YOUR NAME and YOUR SCHOOL in the comments.
Please only list one person per registration slot.
Lunches MUST be PRE-ORDERED through SignUp Genius. Please be sure you know whether your school will be providing payment for lunch or whether you wil be paying on site.Those wishing to pay for their lunch on site must bring exact change or a check payable to TMSA.
|Monday, February 15, 2016|
|CREDITS|| DHHS In-service and Elementary credit hours earned:
AM Session: 3.0 credits
PM Session: 2.0 credits
At Independence Montessori Academy, our mission is to cultivate the innate inquisitive nature of each child, to foster their physical, mental, and emotional development, and to provide rich and diverse educational experiences that inspire them, and help them develop the confidence to become mentors, leaders, and stewards of their environment.
We are seeking educators who want to be a part of a culture in which the student, teacher, and family thrive. Our staff will be enabled to do what they do best: effectively and joyously guide children on a path of independence, growth, and learning. Our programs for personal and professional enrichment encourage our staff to advance in all areas of their lives. We are creating a unique culture within Independence and are looking for the very best applicants to help us foster this new community.
This posting is for the Lead Teacher position in a mixed Upper and Lower Elementary Montessori classroom. Our students are in 1st through 6th grades. Extra training or specialization in arts, language, literature, and physical education are valued and will be utilized, but are not required. Montessori experience is REQUIRED. Montessori certification is preferred.
Major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding and promoting the school’s vision, mission, and goals to students, parents, and community.
- Working with the community of administrators, teachers, parents, students, and board of directors, in articulating and maintaining the integrity and scope of the Montessori method.
- Preparing the Montessori classroom environment to meet the students’ needs and interests.
- Presenting consistent individual and group lessons to the students and supporting each child’s direction and success.
- Meeting regularly with students to work with them in assessing their own success and facilitating an individual path of progress.
- Working with students of varying abilities in the classroom.
- Maintaining student records, reports, and evaluations.
- Participate in field trips.
- Continuing professional development and participating in recommended conferences, training programs, courses, and other areas of professional growth.
Applicants MUST have:
- MONTESSORI elementary teaching certification OR experience in a Montessori Elementary classroom
- Legal ability to work in the US; and if applying from out of the US must already have a Visa. We will not be able to assist in Visa applications at this time.
Applicants will be preferred with:
- Previous Montessori experience
- Montessori Certification from AMS, AMI, or NAMC
- 4 year degree
- Yoga Teacher Certificate or Training
Benefits package includes:
- Group Health Insurance
- AFLAC availability
- Educational Assistance Program
- Paid Sick and Vacation Days
- Employee Recognition and Incentive Program
- Personal Enrichment Opportunities
Please reply with a cover letter and copy of your resume of CV for consideration.
Job Type: Contract
Montessori elementary training (upper or lower): 1 year
Reply to: careers@