Imagine beating the heat and humidity of North Carolina with a tour of the Costa Rican Rain Forest. Well many Cary families are doing just that at a local preschool. The Renaissance Montessori School of Cary is set to complete their last summer camp starting July 30th, 2012. With limited spaces available interested parents can get more information today by calling 919) 439-0130. More Details below:
Session 3 July 30th-August 17th
Week 1 The Rain Forest of Costa Rica
- Where is Costa Rica? Let’s find it on a map.
- What is a rainforest?
- Making a terrarium and adding tropical plants
- Painting flowers of the rainforest
- Grinding coffee for Mom and Dad
- Experiencing the words and art work of “The Umbrella” by Jan Brett
Week 2 Bugs, Birds and Butterflies
- Going on a bug hunt!
- Making an ant farm
- Listening to the sounds of nature. Can you hear the birds and crickets?
- Making a butterfly mobile
- Sorting and counting spiders…not real!
Week 3 We are Archaeologist on an Expedition
- What is an Archaeologist? What do they do? Can I be one too?
- Tools of the trade and how to use them
- Let’s go on a dig and share our treasures
- Leaf and bark rubbings
- How do you know the age of a tree? Let’s count the rings.
- Photo journal of our expedition
Registration and Tuition Deadline May 31st, 2012
Reserve your spot with a deposit of $200
Full tuition due before session begins
No Refunds after May 31st
Tuition (per session)
Early Bird Tuition (until April 30, 2012)
Paid in full
Half day $300 (8:30am – 12:30pm)
Full day $375 (8:30am – 3pm)
Extended Day $450 (8:30am – 6pm)
Early Drop off available for an additional $50 (starting at 7:45 am)
After April 30th tuition rates
Paid in full by May 31, 2012
Half day $375 (8:30am – 12:30pm)
Full day $450 (8:30am – 3pm)
Extended Day $525 (8:30am – 6pm)
Early Drop off available for an additional $75 (starting at 7:45 am)