International Montessori School is a wonderful, diverse environment where teachers and families of many cultures, languages, and backgrounds come together in a supportive and engaging community. Established in 1997, International Montessori School is a non-profit, independent school located in central North Carolina approximately 10 minutes south of Duke University and fifteen minutes north of the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill. We are accredited by the American Montessori Society and serve children ages 3 to 12 with immersion programs in French, Spanish and Mandarin Chinese.
Our school offers a benefits package including medical and dental benefits, life insurance, paid time off, and support for professional development as well as the opportunity for faculty and staff to work in their native language every day while helping children uncover their potential, become bilingual and bicultural, and develop into competent, compassionate and curious global citizens.
We are seeking an energetic teacher-leader who is eager to expand his or her career into the leadership side of a Montessori school as our Director of Programs. The Director of Programs works collaboratively with the Head of School and is tasked with maintaining the integrity and quality of the Montessori programs. In addition, the Director of Programs will teach English Language Arts to our Upper Elementary French and Spanish Immersion students six hours a week as part of the Upper Elementary teaching team.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Exemplify the values of Montessori philosophy in his or her interactions with children, parents, and colleagues
- Always embody a strong sense of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong cultural competency
- Have a deep appreciation for and curiosity about other languages and cultures
- Be comfortable supporting classrooms conducted in languages other than English
- Have a desire to coach and support other teachers as a member of a collaborative community
- Integrate research-based best practices into the Montessori context
- Be willing to learn about best practices in immersion education through research and connections with other similar organizations
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to articulate the Montessori educational philosophy clearly and to a wide audience range
- Montessori certification at the early childhood and elementary levels from a MACTE-accredited program
- Seven to ten years of combined classroom experience across levels
- Fluency in French, Spanish, or Mandarin Chinese is highly desirable, but not required.
- Curriculum coordination
- Parent education
- Faculty development
- Admissions support
Interested candidates should apply by submitting a cover letter and a CV or resume to email@example.com.