Assistant Executive Director
Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School
Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School(http://www.sterlingmontessori.org/) is a diverse educational community built on the Montessori philosophy that fosters curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking in its students.
The School is comprised of two separate educational entities. The Academy is a tuition-based prekindergarten that serves children ages 3-5. The Charter School is a public charter school that serves kindergarten through eighth grades. Children in the Academy share classes with kindergarten students in the charter school.
Sterling seeks its first Assistant Executive Director. Thanks to recent growth, the School’s Board of Directors has committed resources to the recruitment of a highly visible leader who will work closely with the Executive Director to oversee the well-being of the School and its community. The ideal candidate will be ready to succeed the current Executive Director at the appropriate time and provide leadership in and oversight of day-to-day operations for the school. Given the strategic importance of the Middle School (grades 7-8) in setting curriculum expectations in all grades, the successful candidate should have a sincere interest in maintaining the spirit of the Middle School program, its teachers and students.
The Assistant Executive Director, in conjunction with the Executive Director, will ensure that teaching methods and professional development are aligned with the Mission and Strategic Plan of Sterling Montessori Academy & Charter School and in compliance with its policies and procedures and practices. In the absence of the Executive Director, the Assistant Executive Director represents the Executive Director.
● At least five years as a Montessori lead teacher
● At least three years demonstrated school administration experience
● Experience managing budgets and physical plants.
● Ability to interact effectively with students, teachers, administrators, board members and parents in a hybrid school (Montessori and public charter school)
● Certification by American Montessori Society or Association Montessori International
● Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem-solving and organizational skills
● Committed to student achievement and character development
● Flexible working style
● Open-minded, willing to listen to multiple points of view
● Sincere interest in the welfare of students
● Ability to manage multiple stakeholders including students, teachers, administrators, board members and parents
Reports To: Executive Director, Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School
Application Deadline: January 15, 2014
Start Date: July 1, 2014
As with all Sterling employees, this will be under an annual renewable contract approved by the Board of Directors.
To apply, provide resume and three references.