At Independence Montessori Academy, our mission is to cultivate the innate inquisitive nature of each child, to foster their physical, mental, and emotional development, and to provide rich and diverse educational experiences that inspire them, and help them develop the confidence to become mentors, leaders, and stewards of their environment.
We are seeking educators who want to be a part of a culture in which the student, teacher, and family thrive. Our staff will be enabled to do what they do best: effectively and joyously guide children on a path of independence, growth, and learning. Our programs for personal and professional enrichment encourage our staff to advance in all areas of their lives. We are creating a unique culture within Independence and are looking for the very best applicants to help us foster this new community.
This posting is for the Lead Teacher position in a mixed Upper and Lower Elementary Montessori classroom. Our students are in 1st through 6th grades. Extra training or specialization in arts, language, literature, and physical education are valued and will be utilized, but are not required. Montessori experience is REQUIRED. Montessori certification is preferred.
Major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding and promoting the school’s vision, mission, and goals to students, parents, and community.
- Working with the community of administrators, teachers, parents, students, and board of directors, in articulating and maintaining the integrity and scope of the Montessori method.
- Preparing the Montessori classroom environment to meet the students’ needs and interests.
- Presenting consistent individual and group lessons to the students and supporting each child’s direction and success.
- Meeting regularly with students to work with them in assessing their own success and facilitating an individual path of progress.
- Working with students of varying abilities in the classroom.
- Maintaining student records, reports, and evaluations.
- Participate in field trips.
- Continuing professional development and participating in recommended conferences, training programs, courses, and other areas of professional growth.
Applicants MUST have:
- MONTESSORI elementary teaching certification OR experience in a Montessori Elementary classroom
- Legal ability to work in the US; and if applying from out of the US must already have a Visa. We will not be able to assist in Visa applications at this time.
Applicants will be preferred with:
- Previous Montessori experience
- Montessori Certification from AMS, AMI, or NAMC
- 4 year degree
- Yoga Teacher Certificate or Training
Benefits package includes:
- Group Health Insurance
- AFLAC availability
- Educational Assistance Program
- Paid Sick and Vacation Days
- Employee Recognition and Incentive Program
- Personal Enrichment Opportunities
Please reply with a cover letter and copy of your resume of CV for consideration.
Job Type: Contract
Montessori elementary training (upper or lower): 1 year
Reply to: careers@
A special presentation facilitated by Dr. Patricia Leigh of Leigh Brain and Spine
Join Pinewoods Montessori and Dr. Leigh to learn about different types of learners and how each type’s brain is functioning including: ADHD, gifted learners, children with learning challenges, and those with anxiety and anxiousness behaviors.
November 17, 2015
6:30 – 7:30pm
Pinewoods Montessori School
109 Millstone Dr.
Hillsborough, NC 27278
Montessori learning principles will be highlighted and shown how each helps children’s brains develop ideally, including: classroom approach and design, learning materials, teacher guidance, multi-age groupings, and more.
Dr. Leigh will share brain-based techniques and strategies for immediate implementation in your current practices to help students reach their fullest potential
Attendees will be entered into a raffle for a free brain scan for a child from Dr. leigh and her staff.
* Registration is free but required
The Montessori School of Raleigh plans to expand its program offering through twelfth grade with the addition of an upper school. MSR’s future Upper School will be located on the Brier Creek campus, nestled on 40 acres of forest, streams and wildlife in southern Durham County, which currently houses the Middle School. This campus will provide students the care, support, and freedom to be themselves. It means more space, more masterful teachers, more experiential learning, and more opportunities to collaborate across grade levels.
MSR will offer green learning “collaboratories” and environmentally unobtrusive learning stations throughout the 40 acre campus to allow students to benefit from both indoor classroom and outdoor learning opportunities through environmental awareness, scientific field studies, community service, and other forms of outdoor education.
The Upper School will emphasize the deep integration of academic subject matter, student-directed and student-paced learning, practical life skills, social and emotional intelligence, and other real-life learning by providing:
- A highly regarded two-year IB Diploma Programme as an option for grades 11 and 12 that will highlight critical thinking, rigorous research and exams, thesis writing, a “Theory of Knowledge” course, and other advanced college preparation.
- A college counseling program that intentionally prepares students for application and admission to a range of best-fit colleges and universities.
- Extraordinary opportunities for collaborations and real-world internships.
- Hands-on experience and exposure to a diverse range of art and music forms and materials.
- A robust, competitive athletics program, with plans to add new teams to our lineup, including boys’ and girls’ lacrosse and tennis and girls’ field hockey.
To learn more about the new Upper School, visit msr.org or schedule a visit today!
Tour and Information Sessions for grades 7–9
October 13, 2015
November 10, 2015
December 8, 2015
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: 408 Andrews Chapel Road, Durham NC 27703
We are excited to gather for another wonderful fall symposium, enjoying valuable time with friends and colleagues, sharing ideas, and learning about ways to improve our classrooms and our schools.
Plan to participate in our raffle and donations for TMSA sponsored 3rd Annual Dave Carman Music Scholarship.
Saturday, October 17, 2015
Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School
|8:00AM||Check-in and Registration|
|8:40AM||TMSA General Meeting and Welcome|
|9:00AM – 12:00PM||Workshops|
|12:00PM – 12:45PM||Vendor Presentations and School Tour. View the Presentations Here.|
Registration: September 21 – October 12
Sign up each attendee individually along with their school’s name.
Cost: $25 Sign Up Now
Checks payable to “Triangle Montessori Schools Association” / (TMSA). Registering for the Symposium obligates you to the registration fee. If an attendee is registered, but does not attend, the registration fee is still due. Swapping during the registration period is permitted. Fees are payable via check or cash at the Symposium.
Credit: 3.0 hours
DHHS In-Service and Elementary credit. See Presentataions
Questions: Besty Lovejoy or Sign Up Now
2015 Symposium Vendors
Trillium Montessori Printables
CGMS Teacher Training
My Friend Teresa School and Family Photography
Dragonfly Nature Enrichment Programs
Trillium en Español Spanish Printables
Hens for Hire Nature Program
DATE: 10/17/2015 ( Sat 8:00AM – 12:45PM EDT )
LOCATION: Sterling Montessori Academy & Charter School, 202 Treybrooke Dr, Morrisville, NC 27560
Today’s Triangle Montessori Meeting was held at HQ Raleigh in beautiful downtown Raleigh. Today’s meeting consisted of topics including an introduction to RelyMD, introduction of Cathy Constantine as the new head of TMSA, the Fall Symposium(10/17/15) to be held at Sterling Montessori Charter Academy, Renaissance Montessori’s Fall Preschool Expo (9/26/15) and the next meeting. Please check the calendar for details regarding next month’s meeting on November 18th.