Primary Lead Teacher (3-6 Year Olds)
Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School seeks a full-time Montessori certified Primary Lead Teacher (3 to 6 year olds).
Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School (http://www.sterlingmontessori.org/) is a diverse educational community built on the Montessori philosophy that fosters curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking in its students. The School is comprised of two separate educational entities. The Academy is a tuition-based prekindergarten that serves children ages 3-5.
The Charter School is a public charter school that serves kindergarten through eighth grades. Children in the Academy share classes with kindergarten students in the charter school and are guided in their development by a trained Montessori Lead Teacher and a full time assistant. The Primary program is a full day, five-days- a-week program which serves a total of 200 students. About 720 students currently attend Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School.
- Certification by American Montessori Society, Association Montessori International or other MACTE accredited training program
- Four-year degree from accredited institution of higher education
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Committed to student achievement and character development
- Current North Carolina Teaching License or willing to pursue North Carolina Teaching
- Comprehensive Benefits Packet
- Salary based on education and experience
- As with all Sterling employees, this will be under an annual renewable contract approved by the Board of Directors.
Reports To: Director of Programs (3 to 6 year olds), Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School
Contract Start Date: July 1, 2017 (Teacher will report Friday, August 4, 2017 for Orientation prior to work week)
Please send resumes to email@example.com